Thursday, September 25, 2008

I could handle being UNDERwhelmed once in a while. Just for a change of pace.


In approximately 24 hours I am leaving my family and driving three hours up to NH for a blessed, blissful weekend away.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah.

From Friday night through Sunday lunchtime I will not have to pick up anyone's dirty underwear.

I will not have to figure out what to feed anyone.

I will not have to entertain anyone. Well, my friends are expecting me to bring Zumba stuff, but I can handle that.*

I will not have to work.

I will not have to work out.

I will not have to convince anyone that bedtime is a good thing.

I will not have to shower. Although I will.

I will not have to convince anyone to let me please sleep just another two and a half minutes. As a matter of fact, I can do exactly what I like to do: stay up super late playing volleyball, get up super early before the sun for some coffee and reading, and take a two-hour afternoon nap, if that's what I wanna do.

Now, in order to prepare, I should be packing. I should be cleaning, so I can come home to a tidy-ish house. HAHA! like the kids aren't going to destroy it while I'm gone.

Anyway, I am neither packing nor cleaning. I'm simultaneously blogging, chatting on facebook, and checking out the new Zumba sneakers I want. I tried them on today. They're wonderful. And super-freakin cute.

Anyway, I'm off tonight, so I have plenty of time to do that other stuff after I teach Zumba.

Which reminds me--it's "Family Zumba" night tonight, so I have to go burn a CD of songs that don't involve quite so much hip thrusting and pony riding. Hm...

The list, it is never ending.

Thankfully, I have coffee. And two flavors of International Delight creamer. Which means I'm totally prepared.

*I wasn't really planning on bringing it all--I was planning on being a total lazy-ass all weekend, not even planning to dress up for the Saturday Night Fun. Me! The queen of OOH! Let ME dress up for EVERYTHING! Lazy lazy lazy ass.

No comments: